PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Maintenance Organisation?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2010, 09:15
Cyclic Link

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helicopter Maintenance Organisation?

Well this may seem crazy however a little risk is sometimes needed!!!

I am looking at the viability of starting a new Helicopter Maintenance Organization. Simple as that!!!!! Hmm maybe not!! Anyway, I am a Licenced Engineer who has spent most of his working life in a variety of roles working for large (ish) Helicopter Maintenance Organizations! I have decided that they really don't always satisfy the needs of the customer. I am passionate about Helicopters and SAFETY! I want to make a difference and provide a really good quality service which offers value for money..... Now, to my discussion point!! Obviously there are not a lot of Aircraft out there in comparison to the motor industry for example and I am at the conclusion, you really need a few customers to make it work. I have concentrated so far on small and medium Eurocopter aircraft as they I know most about. I am a turbine guy. The question is, are there any opinions on whether the 'private' or 'smallish' AOC's are in a position to try something new??

I would like to offer the following:

Part 145 Maintenance & Part M bits and pieces but focusing on the following:

Safety!
AOG Support!
Option to pay hourly labour or on contract basis based on airframe hours
Fixed price servicing
Customer focused (customer talks to engineers even!)
Open honest billing
Friendly Service

Anyway I could go on, and what I am interested in is opinions? Would people move organizations? Are there potential customers out there! Then I just need to convince a bank!!!!!!!! :-) Maybe this could be classed as a bit of market research!

If anything It is a good discussion point!!