PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Brace for Impact"
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2010, 08:49
tarmac-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What ever happend, happend. With the amount of shock passengers and even more so the CC received from this event, knit picking what happend really is dumb. I cant imagine how many G's were pulled stopping in such a short distance, it really would have been intense and made the situation nerve wracking to say the least. It would be damn hard for a captain to make an emotionless speech in the short time available. Regardless with cabin crew being trained for this stuff or not, I know for fact if I was on a ditched/crashed aircraft, getting out of the potential bomb is first priority. It doesn't take much brain to figure this out. In this case, personally I feel CC have just as much right to leave the aircraft - your totally risking your lives hanging around, however this is well debatable depending on the case. Vacating the aircraft through a couple of doors in an orderly fashion just to satisfy regulations doesn't cut it. A fully fueled crashed aircraft is a bomb waiting to explode, regardless if its on land or on water.

Just a thought.