PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAVE THE BoB MEMORIAL FLIGHT! PETITION TO No. 10...
Old 31st Jan 2010, 07:52
BEagle

Received 279 Likes on 113 Posts
airpolice, I can confirm the unpleasantness of some of those items on your list, having been tempted to try them against my better judgement....

Guinness - perhaps not the best moment to try it for the first time was after a dining-in night, hip flask of Glenfiddich and a couple of beers at a UAS back in the 1970s...it lasted as long as the time it takes to run from the ULAS THQ bar to trap 2. I haven't been tempted to try Pope's Pi$$ since, although it seems to be OK in thick, rich beef casseroles.

Skodas. The company had 2 pool cars - a Volvo and a Skoda. Worse still, both were diesels. The Volvo died, so I had to use the Skoda. On non-Autobahns I was forever having to shift between 4th and 5th - and even 6th, given a straight-ish stretch. Fortunately no-one recognised me.

Yoghourt isn't actually too awful - no real Akrotiri kebab was complete without it.

But as for the rest of the list, that must be for others to report as I have no intention of experimenting further.....

Regarding the BBMF petition, some may think that it is a waste of time. But at least it is a way of letting No.10 know how much people value the contribution which the Flight makes to commemorating our wartime history - as indeed does the Royal Navy Historic Flight, of course.