PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax Comment - Help Please from Boeing Drivers
Old 31st Jan 2010, 02:40
Tarq57

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
As a SLF, heavy landings don't bother me. Nor heavy braking. If stuff comes out of the overheads and collides with my noggin on the way down, the annoyance is directed at the manufacturer of the overheads, and the airline management that allow the stashing of high-octane duty-free missiles up there, not the flight crew.
Long flares and floats on a short-ish runway, do, even if the touchdown is smooth. (Especially the runway that I keep an eye on at work.)

When you have more experience on type and the confidence that goes with that, such a comment won't have the same sting. By this time it's probably lost most of its' sting anyway, I would hope.

Someone said earlier they were a bit disappointed that the captain didn't offer a bit of support.
I think the same should be said of the CC. Does it reveal anything about CRM or morale in the company you work for? Do you normally get on OK with these people? (Not that it should be a factor.)
Try not to respond in kind should the applicable CC member/s ever be in a situation where the roles are reversed, would be the sort of thinking I'd aim for.