PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2010, 22:51
Momentary Lapse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roverman sums it all up very well.

I'd giggle seeing Hampo back. I'd also add some of the great marketing minds of the 80s and 90s to the list: Paul Connellan, Tim Jeans and Clive Condie, for example.

If I were to get the job, my first 100 day business plan would be:

Seek investment capital to buy out the group from the councils, including the land freehold (I know that'll be expensive but it'll reduce costs, because the ground rent is artificially high as the councils/freeholders treat it as extra dividend. Also a disproportionate amount of it goes straight to C of Mcr, not the other nine).
Install an experienced Board, chair and directors.
Cut losses by selling Humberside and BOH. Keep EMA for its potential.
Increase maintenance investment. Close large chunks of a/f and t/w now while it's quiet, for repair/replacement.
Move most admin functions off-site to release on-site accommodation for premium rents.
Restructure and make office staff re-apply for own jobs on less money. It is fact that most non-operational staff are over-paid versus the wider economy, proven by the extremely low turnover of said staff.
Encourage new staff with relevant experience to stir things up and add new ideas.
Reduce the number of ground handling licences to end the destructive race to the lowest cost, which kills investment and customer service.
Stop focussing on growth, aiming instead for improved customer service/retention.
Use the pricing policy more aggressively to a) move traffic out of peaks, b) increase average a/c size and c) favour quieter and cleaner a/c types.