PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 30th Jan 2010, 21:27
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miuzenburg,

I respect your decision to vote Yes. What concerns me is many Yes voters yourself included include the comment about those of us who choose to go into work, as ''good luck it won't be easy coming to work during or after''.
All I can say about that is ANYONE who gives ANYONE a hard time - and that includes both sides of the fence and bullies or tries to make life miserable are the ones who need good luck and need to be worried! We have EGwhatevernumberitis which is a bullying and harassment policy. I don't like the word bullying bandied around all the time however this behaviour is classed as bullying and there is a formal policy. No one should have to be bullied, regarded a ''scab'' or have unfair treatment or be ''sent to coventry'' (rather be sent to New York!) because of not going on strike or volunteering to work.

We all have our own reasons and decisions. We are all adults and it is something some people actually have not grasped yet. Despite some having been adults for some time

I would like to say I do worry that Yes voters and strikers will bring the company down with them and have expressed my opinions on what could happen on here. It is my opinion (and shared by many crew and non-crew alike!) However, I would not bully a striker as we all make our decisions and many have been misled.

Also FINALLY, for the sake of CRM and safety will BOTH SIDES of the Flight Deck door whether you are a Yes-er, a No-er or Flight crew who back us or flight crew who are against a strike and are volunteering, by all means discuss the situation and disagree but don't forget, even if we disagree with our views; can we both respect each other and maintain CRM. I do worry that this will be lost (Strikers bullying us non strikers, flight crew bullying crew as they think it's their fault we went on strike, cabin crew bullying flight crew because they are worried about their jobs and have volunteered etc etc)

Let's stand together and look after each other.