PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 30th Jan 2010, 20:05
FlexSRS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muizenberg, lots of interesting points.

Originally Posted by Muizenberg
I am all for consensual change. An agreement that we as a community give back at time when BA is in financial hardship; but get rewarded when the company prospers (a deal which our Flight Colleagues have received). BA have not once offer us any reward for what we give up (once the company is back in profit).
I will just pick you up on this point, and I don't blame you for your misunderstanding, I blame BASSA.

It's a little known fact that before the deadline there was a share offer on the table for all staff groups if they could negotiate a solution before the deadline.

Since BASSA were at that time still not turning up for meetings or refusing to sit in the same room as the CC89 reps, I'm not surprised they didn't tell you that they had blown that particular opportunity.

The biggest issue is IMPOSITION, if BA can just institute a change whenever it wants, what will be next?
BA didn't just impose "whenever it wanted", it did it as a last ditch resort after trying for months and months and months to get a sensible response out of BASSA who were still at the "no no no footstomp hissyfit" stage, and not at the stage you are at now, ie "I am more than prepared to meet BA halfway on issues." - BASSA are still not at that point.

They could have negotiated one down, bidding for longhaul, a share scheme and protections against New Fleet. Looking back, they have really squandered their chances, what a waste.