PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 30th Jan 2010, 18:44
TopBunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From another place ....
WW has told another employee in no uncertain terms the situation, such that the employee feels able to report:

He (WW) is not going to back down. He told me that these are issues that should have been addressed in 2001. There is no option other than to deal with them now. Anyone who believes that he is going to back down, however large the vote in favour of strike action, is living in a delusional world.
So, as I see it:

1. Unite win the court case -> BA serve 90-day notice of termination of contract. Current staff have to sign new fleet contract to keep job on industry +10%. Strike vote irrelevant as mandate no longer applies to situation

2. Unite lose court case but deliver strike mandate -> BA serve 90-day notice of termination of contract. Current staff have to sign new fleet contract to keep job on industry +10%. BA recall temps and use volunteers to supplement cabin crew who break strike/not BASSA members to fly basic schedule

3.Unite lose court case and deliver weak strike mandate/no mandate -> BA serve 90-day notice of termination of contract. Current staff have to sign new fleet contract to keep job on industry +10%.

Every which way you cut it, BA will end up with New Fleet at market +10% unless BASSA/Unite call of the ballot and seriously get back round the table in the next week or so. Have the numpties at the top of the BASSA table got the nous to see this? Personally I doubt it.