PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet/CTC Cadet Pilot Slavery Contract
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2010, 17:57
cloud-surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way that the pay as you fly contracting scourge as well as the pay to fly FO's becoming more and more widespread is making it more and more difficult to be able to find a secure position especially in economic times like these. This means that if you are in the unfortunate situation as me that I to am soon to be made redundant from bmi, and am so far having no luck in finding any form of new employment.

The CTC easyJet Flexicrew scheme is absolutely sickening and the thought of signing on with the devil fills me with dread, but to look at it through my handy pair of rose tinted glasses, at least I am staying current on the A320 and bringing in more money than would be possible working at tescos 24-7 or signing on to the dole. This gives me some form of leeway financially until something better comes up, wherever in the world that may be.

Which ever option I go for will inevitably mean having to hand home back to the bank as the forced pay cut will mean that I will no longer be able to keep up repayments. £30000 is a absolute derisory offer and it pains me to say this but I may have to take it up if i'm "lucky" enough to be selected.

The choice of turning down the job as others have stated is an easy thing to say if your currently in a secure position. Just think honestly what would you do to survive if you were in the same position as me???