PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2010, 17:41
logicandsin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A product to be proud of

This will probably be a once only posting for me, but i feel that i have to say something on here.

FIRST OF ALL i am a passenger and one that is pleased to say i enjoy the quality of service i receive from BA CabinCrew. as a disabled passenger i know i put extra work on all staff from check-in to leaving the plane, but if it was not for you guys up in the air i feel that everything else would be kind of just by the way. you do a fantastic job and i depend on that.

what i don't want to see is the loss of that enthusiam. i know the likelihood of strike action over the past months has put immense pressure on you all but i would like to see that dispensed with, not what i consider to a valued airline.

as a passenger, yes some of us have a choice who we fly with others don't. i fall into the latter with my upcoming holiday plans. just to let you know i am travelling with NCL (Norwegian Cruise Lines) on a european cruise (Med) which is costing over £4000. the threat of a strike jeopodises that holiday. i am like many others and cannot stand to loose that amount of money through the actions of what i have been reading on here to be a misguided group (BASSA).

surely any strike action would result in BA having to compensate NCL for failing to provide a service under their partnership, so not only would BA lose customers but also good business partners. I mean a cruise company like NCL must surely fly thousands of passengers on BA flights.

so loss of customers, loss of business partnerships, loss of confidence = loss of revenue leading to loss of wages leading to loss of staff leading to LOSS OF AIRLINE

i do not want to see the loss of BA but if an airline is making a loss every minute it operates surely the best action a union can take is NOT strike action