PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad cadet pilot programme last test
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2010, 17:40
PIREP 123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh ok, so it is worse than I thought. I think you are right. They aren't necessarily looking for 'Einsteins', they are looking for people who are just good enough to do the job but are also people who don't think for themselves and will 'do as they are told'. Not very good for CRM in my books. The ones that get through that aren't 'sheeple' (ie: Colony) see through the rubbish and pull out. Do you really think they would take someone on who has 'baggage' (ie: the guy with the family that I mentioned) or someone who is independantly thinking and wouldn't 'give up their freedoms' (so to speak) in order to become a commercial pilot? They say they are looking for people who would 'fit in' their company's culture but I think they are looking for people who are unlikely to go against the grain or speak up against company policies. UAE business practices are notoriously slow, unreliable, care free, selfish and well...downright bad. Do the research and you'll see. It all stems from the 'government' itself which is really an autocracy. They can change laws overnight without debate or vote. They can do whatever they want and there's nothing you can do about it. Being the country's flag carrier must surely mean that the business's practices will reflect that type of mentality to a degree. And, apparently they are...