PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Plea To Boeing And Airbus
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2010, 17:26
Bernoulli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Plea To Boeing And Airbus

I've flown Boeing 757, 767 and Airbus 320, 321 and 330. They all have something in common.

No matter what you do in the cockpit with the various screens and visors that the different manufacturers use, the sun always finds a way to shine into the corner of my eye. A sort of solar sod's law. It's at best really irritating and at worst a flight safety hazard.

Maybe the very latest designs have this covered but for me an effective means of preventing me from screwing up my eyes will do a lot for flight safety. And before someone suggests that the solution to this problem is to do just night Dalamans I've got an issue with that too.....

Now that I'm an old git and my eyes are fading I can hardly read the paperwork with the available cockpit lighting. As for trying to pick out a navaid or airway in central Europe on one of those dreadful Jeppesen charts.... no hope. So I'd really like to have the next generation of aeroplanes equipped with the means of illuminating brightly whatever it is on your lap/table.

(I'll be able to read Nuts and Zoo with much greater pleasure than before too)

So please Mr Boeing and Mr Airbus, can I have proper control of light levels in the cockpit. Anybody else with me on this one?

Bernoulli