PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2010, 16:50
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening,
Firstly thank you to all the people posting and reading this thread, I would not have believed for a second that this thread would have reached the numbers it has. Again this is your thread and you make it what it is. I do look back through the posts and read them regularly whenever I get bored or feeling down. But this thread isn’t about making me feel better it’s meant to show the struggle of getting you first job. It is also supposed to help people about the things they should avoid doing.
Secondly, I would like to assure you all that I’m not giving up now or in the future, if Maun isn’t the place I get my first job then I’m sure I will find somewhere else to try. I love this place but I also love having a job. I’m still positive but no one can guarantee me a job except the operators.
I still have the strength, courage and hope to achieve my goal but I don’t have the finances. But to every will there is a way. So not too worried about that just yet.
Been in to the airport today just to show my face, but nothing for me to do and neither any flights for me to get on. So after a quick stop at shopperite and straight back to camp. Been sitting around the camp applying for jobs on every continent. Not a single reply as yet.
I’m not sure what else I can do other than what I have been doing to try and get my first break. I’m giving it everything I have got, and to repeat it every day isn’t easy.
I came here with hope and will leave here with it, whenever that maybe!!
But if anyone has any advice on what else i should do please feel free to post. And if you have any contacts or any leads for me to follow, please PM me. I would really appreciate it.
Take care