PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 30th Jan 2010, 16:43
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ SlideBustle ...
We have a lot of good staff who are expected to deliver a premium product to First and Club passengers. So realistically this should be reflected in the conditions/pay. It's my opinion minimum wage should not be paid to BA crew. In fact I do not believe minimum wage should be paid to ANY airlines cabin crew. Some will say ''it is unqualified job'' etc but it can be demanding work and has a high safety element in it with regards to what we are trained in. Whilst I am a No voter, I do believe ALL airline cabin crew deserve a decent wage (no I am not saying we should all be on the old contract still!!) many do, some, in my personal opinion, are paid under what they should.
You have 100% support on that part of your post.
  1. The working conditions are not exactly charming.
  2. The breadth and spread of responsibilities are wide, if a little shallow.
  3. The hours are somewhat anti-social.
  4. The allowances and benefits are fantastic [ooops, should have left that one out].
However, whilst it may not be exactly the "Saviour of the Travelling Public" that some individuals would represent, it CERTAINLY deserves something above minimum wage [for a proper working week/month].

Last edited by Two-Tone-Blue; 30th Jan 2010 at 17:22. Reason: minor typo and added a bit