PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 30th Jan 2010, 16:09
Snas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about someone who is a BASSA member who first of all votes NO then goes to the BASSA office and resigns at the same time getting 2 signed copies of their resignation from a BASSA rep. One they take immediately to their manager and give them one copy.The other one also signed by their manager they also keep as proof.
Of course there is nothing to prevent a YES voter doing the same.
In both cases would this again be a reason for the ballot being invalidated in a court?
Removing the current BASSA reps and leaving BASSA intact would probably mean another lot of militanats taking charge or can BA also remove recognition from BASSA/UNITE?
Voting then leaving? - I think it would be highly unlikley that a court would see this as a reason to declare a probelm with the ballot - what reasonable steps could BASSA take to prevent this or indeed do anything about it once you have posted your vote in. It isnt posted back to them after all.

As far as the removal of BASSA is concerned, which seems to be the topic of the day, hmm, split vew on this as I am very much in favour of unions, but in the same way I am in favour of bacteria, only good ones needed thanks.