PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - Lesson 1:01: How To Seriously Upset A Group Of Premium Customers
Old 30th Jan 2010, 14:12
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan Air 87

....when the service has gone wrong and I've moaned and moaned I have got a result out of them. You need to escalate your complaint and hit them with as many facts of the case as possible. I found it also helps to cc my letter to BA's Chief Executive.
If you feel that this is the correct way for a company to handle complaints, then your definition of what constitutes customer service, and mine, are rather different. In fact, in those words, you pretty much summed up what's wrong with BA.

I'll add a little extra to my complaint. When I mentioned my concerns to someone I'd met in a different context, and who happened to be a BA sales representative for the travel trade, she told me that if, in my complaints, I'd told them I was in charge of the travel budget for a department of a multinational company, and had written on company letterhead, they would have 'sorted things out'.

That was just another nail in BA's coffin for me. It should not be necessary to 'pull rank' to achieve a result. A complaint from Fred Bloggs should be treated the same as a complaint from the head of XYZ Corporation. The reality, as we all know, is that not all beings are equal, but for this woman to have the gall to tell me this just knocked in another nail.