PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax Comment - Help Please from Boeing Drivers
Old 30th Jan 2010, 12:34
Blues&twos

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Coming on top of your bad feeling about the landing, a comment from a passenger like that is bound to make you feel low.

In a different arena (I drive rescue boats on the Thames) I used to feel the same....if I attended an emergency promptly I would be loudly and publically criticised by onlookers and event organisers for "endangering other people, the speed limit's 4 knots y'know", if I slowed down a bit I'd be loudly and publically criticised by onlookers and event organisers for "not responding quickly enough". I always felt I'd done something wrong.

It really got me down at first, but after a while I realised that complaints from the public who had absolutely no idea about the different circumstances and considerations I was having to take into account (which they couldn't see or just didn't understand) meant their comments were meaningless. It's all water off a duck's back now.

People who complain in these circumstances, when you know things weren't perfect, but weren't actually that bad either just display their ignorance and arrogance and should be ignored.