PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 30th Jan 2010, 12:26
Litebulbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am still struggling to see haw you could just end BASSA, by bringing in a new fleet? BASSA are about 40 people in 13000. Sack the reps as it will be cheaper than sacking and re recruiting 13000. Admittedly, you would be liable for almost unlimited damages because law protects individuals from this action, but it would be a one off extraordinary cost.

But you would then see that it is not BASSA and you would be a fair few quid out of pocket and the alleged declining membership would probably be growing again.

This is the problem with this thread. There are some incredibly intelligent people on it, but it is like a pack hunt at times. Clearly their is a lack of trust between BASSA members and BA. That trust needs to be built up.

Good ideas from individuals that are accepted on both sides build up trust. Some of the pro strike members of this thread were engaged in debate. Just because they did not say I have changed my mind and agree 100% with everything you have said, does not mean that there points are not worth listening to.

There have been more than a few insults thrown at the abbreviation BASSA. Now individual members may see that as personally directed at them. Why would you then come to Pprune to be insulted? So they go and this thread serves no purpose.