PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silhouette challenge
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2010, 11:20
SincoTC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the best possible way I hope!

I had posted "OH" at 11:39, than went back to add my advice to Graeme after seeing his F5 F5 F5 line, but by the time I had submitted the edit you'd done your F5 +Ctr V. but I see that his green light is now out.

On the subject of the lights and your earleir comment about this. Using the computer in my office, where I have the cookies set up to automatically log me on, I don't normally log off when I finish on this site, I either close the browser, go to another site or just shutdown. I have sometimes come back onto the site on another computer in the workshop, to see what's happening and because that computer's not set up to log me in, I was surprised that I sometimes find that my light was still on. I have come to the conclusion, that if you Log-out, your light goes off immediately, but if you just leave, still logged-in, PPrune's server either "times-out" your connection or "pings" your IP address without response and turns it off. I would like to log-out (and usually do if I've posted something that someone might respond to), but it's annoying that doing so clears the cookies, requireing a full log in each time( which seems to dog poor Carson). I think that I may have missed something when I first registered to stop it doing this, but I don't want to re-register as I would have to use another name and lose all my "history".

Last edited by SincoTC; 30th Jan 2010 at 11:42.