Old 30th Jan 2010, 10:18
what next

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello!

DA-10mm: are you kidding me?
is your instructor clueless?
are you clueless?
are you a pre-first-solo-student-pilot?
if not, change/fire your instructor...it would be the best move, career-wise, you ever make.
Er, do you know what kind of course "BA123" is taking? I don't. But for all I know, he could be in the middle of a distance learning corse for the ATPL theory (beacuse this Va-stuff is not part of a typical PPL course.).

I did my ATPL that way. You have no "your instructor" to blame or to fire while you study at home during this kind of course. But you have to answer questions from time to time and send the results back to the training organisation (novadays via email, in my days we had to send letters by mail which slowed the process considerably) to progress to the next step. And sometimes, these home-study courses have not been written by didactic geniusses, to put it mildly. So who is he going to ask, if something is unclear? There are no instructors and no classmates. You see, what a blessing such an internet forum can be!

Greetings, Max

NB: I only meet "my" students once they have passed their theoretical exam and start with their practical instrument und ME flying. Changing or firing me would not really help in getting this Va question answered, would it?