PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC130 as an EMS / SAR machine?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2010, 09:26
spinwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mmmm ...

integrity, cleartorotate, victor papa .....

How about you take my question seriously too ....

I have been in this business for quite some years in fact one of my first jobs was flying air ambulance in a 'single' way back in '76 I have seen operations come and go .... I have also been a Chief Pilot of a SAR/EMS operation so I think I can speak with with a certain amount of credibility.

The reason I asked if 'integrity' were joking really revolved with my seeing he appears to originate from Australia ... and the thought of another start up SAR EMS operator trying to do that type of tasking in a single there is quite frankly 'doomed' before it starts. (If you want PM me and I shall give you a contact to talk to about the realities of S/E rescue in Oz).

You can rag me all you like about being out of touch ... but I can tell you that the "small single that can keep on being afforded by the public it serves will just have to suffice" is an illusion ...

Once you get involved in it SAR EMS becomes deadly serious stuff the consequences of failure manifest (as you can see from another thread running on this forum atm).

Sorry if I've pricked your bubble ...

Good Luck .... you'll need it