PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 30th Jan 2010, 04:22
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twenty4seven, I didn't say there haven't been any promotions for over 10 years, I haven't been here that long but I always hear that crew who have been on WW since 1997 have not been eligible for promotions because of the seniority. From what I've heard from some crew there was a couple of promotion campaigns a couple of years ago, but obviously the crew who joined in 1997 may have been ''too junior'' to apply but someone who joined in 1996 may have been able to.

I could be wrong, however this is what I have been told and read on various forums, that there has been no oppurtunities for post-1997 to be promoted on WorldWide, (they have on Euro and LGW though) either oppurtunity wise, or if there were oppurtunities recently, they were not regarded as ''senior'' enough - despite obviously having enough experience to do the job!!
I think BA wants rid of the seniority way for promotions, but BASSA want to keep it from the sounds of it.....

However I'll point out on LHR eurofleet and LGW fleet I think the requirements are much quicker. At eurofleet you need around 3-4 years seniority and at LGW (correct me if I'm wrong) all you need is 1 years flying experience and you can apply (no seniority, just done on CAA requirements) So maybe this young purser was from LGW or EF and had transferred?? Or may have been on LGW WW before SFG and transferred?