PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 30th Jan 2010, 00:54
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
winstonsmith,

Yes I agree if New Fleet is brought in promotion will be non existent on EF/WW with the reduction in supervisory numbers onboard and all the new routes/growth and any manpower gaps from attrition/turnover going onto New Fleet. If this is the case, like I said I would definately consider going over. (unless of course I would be taking more responsibility for less but to be honest although I am realistic it will be less than PSRs get now, I'm optimistic it will be a ''reasonable'' increase - and also it will allow me to have more responsbility)

If of course they bring in a new new contract on EF/WW then promotion will be available although it really would depend on attrition and growth and promotion would probably be quite slow. Especially because the current system at LHR is to restrict the eligible numbers that can apply for promotion by capping the seniority. Even if you are experienced enough to be SCCM then you can still be not eligible to apply if you don't have the right seniority number. From what I understand New Fleet will have promotion on Merit -again who knows how they will measure the ''merit'' lol!