PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 29th Jan 2010, 23:01
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAcrewboy

BAcrewboy

I am really looking forward to there being some promotion possibilities on New Fleet - currently as main crew there is no chance! I am really interested in the role of CSM - is there anyone on here who can give me a heads up as to the application process?
I, like you am eager and enthusiastic for promotion, and want more responsibility in the role of cabin crew. I personally have accepted that most (if not all!) promotion oppurtunities will be on New Fleet. If it happens on EF/WW then that is a bonus and is what I would prefer, but if it is not to be, it isn't to be. I don't mind the thought of Mixed Flying anyway.
I was quite interested in the CSM role aswell. It says 2 days managing on the ground plus flying as SCCM so abit different to now. Although as ottergirl said paaagges back whether that could work is a different thing. I personally think the money will be more than we are on now, certainly basic. Obviously it will probably be hourly rate but there is a performance bonus element. It says on the proposal it will be inline with other BA managers. Hmm... Only worries are working to scheme and flexible rosters but I would decide if I was willing to compromise IF the oppurtinity came up.

Before anyone starts aswell - I would hate to be thought of as a ''scab'' and I would hate BA to starve everyone of work whilst New Fleet crew lived it up in JFK/NRT etc but I am hopeful that won't happen (indeed BASSA has got the oppurtunity NOW to ensure that doesn't happen - if BASSA don't bother then I'm sure the PCC will be more proactive anyway and pick up the pieces!) Anyway, I am not a scab, I would rather promotion on current fleets (you can dream ) however if New Fleet came in, as a younger member of crew, what should I do? Stay as Main Crew on EF or go as CSM/PSR whatever on NF if the oppurtunity is there? Obviously I would see what the pay and everything was like first. In BAs proposals they did say they want it to be in line with other BA managers, who knows?

As to how to apply? Well I guess that wouldn't happen until BA starts up New Fleet when that happens (could be in 2 weeks could be in 2 years!) Indeed IF they set up New Fleet. They may even come up with the ''integrated approach'' in the end with the oppurtinity to go for PSR on EF or maybe the new CSM role on EF.

Here's hoping there will be oppurtunities for Main Crew like you and I to progress!