PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I don't want to be an airline pilot.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2010, 20:50
Light Westerly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Heff,
In an attempt to answer your question about flight training, and "bush" flying.-

It looks like you live in England? Not sure about the travel, visa, work permits, etc...
Are you able to travel, live, and work in Canada? I would bet that if you are seriously interested in a program of flight instruction that emphasizes back country type flying that you will be able to find the kind of instruction you are looking for there. I mention Canada because I think (been known to be wrong) that would be the easiest as far as all the government paperwork.

Another benefit to Canada is I believe the cost of flight instruction there might be less than England. Also, by actually being there, you will make friends involved in that kind of flying most likely if you get out and explore a bit. The biggest part of getting a flying job is actually being there.

I have included a link to a site about Alaska flying, it is a paid membership site to view the job listings, but much of the site is free and a good starting point. It has a short list of flight schools in AK, not all inclusive of course, but it may give you an idea of what you would experience in Canada. If you do some research on this site (pprune), and a bit of googling, I'm sure you will find similar information for related flight instruction in Canada.

Alaska flight operations and Alaska Flying

Good luck friend.