PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Flying Trg System - How good
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2002, 22:47
DB6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle, I try to bite my tongue and not rise to the bait but after a couple of libations it becomes very hard. What ARE you talking about? I assume from your various previous posts that you are well aquainted with EFT but, that being the case, exactly where in the syllabus is a roll rate of 360 degrees per second called for? The Firefly is used for elementary training and grading/selection, yes? What is the roll rate of the C130, the Merlin, the C17? Eh?
Alan Wade won the display sword at RIAT recently in a Firefly with his routine, so don't tell me the aircraft isn't capable. The same aircraft is fully IFR certified and airways equipped and will climb to 10,000 feet in as many minutes. The Firefly 260, for the job it has to do and the constraints placed upon it, is one of the best aircraft available. (To be fair the Grob, once its problems are ironed out, will be OK as well but the Firefly is better).
Your comment about the US Military does not show you in a good light. If you knew anything at all about the whole sorry saga you would not raise it in support of your argument; that you evidently do not means you would be better advised to hold your own counsel.
Yours always