PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2010, 19:51
MikeAlpha7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I kind of figured out Majali. An autocrat coming from the Hashimate Royal family ( well , close enough) , pampered to take the CEO of Jordanian at some stage of his career (which he eventually did) , intelligent man , hard worker and sensible enough to understand the politics of his job. I was tempted to believe that he very well be the RIGHT MAN for the job in GF and might very well turn the fortunes of this ailing airline. A few short months later, I regret to say , Not Really !!.

It is not his plans to turn the airline into regional, (although I personally disagree with it) that is the problem . Whatever the others attempted, did not work, so , he has to take change strategy , and take some risks . After all , isn’t that why is he here ? for change ?

The major problems are much bigger than one CEO. It is Gulf Air culture created by those people around it. From the owners (the Government) , to the ill-functioning management and the demoralized (not to mention those excess loads) staff. What future does an organization has while it is politically manipulated, where the majority of the staff have little or no confidence in the airline’s future, bad mouth the management and each other, corrupt elements still roam around the corridors and held hostage by some incredibly deep pocketed filthy rich neighbors ??

Hell, the Operations department was always immune from the politics of the country, but even in that sensitive area the managers are politically appointed. I guess the expat staff would be excused for NOT noticing that. Apparently, to run an Operations dept in Gulf Air , you need to be politically acceptable , supported by the right party and be the right religion!! Regrettably, a single Majali cannot or is not willing to do anything about that.