PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 29th Jan 2010, 16:59
Two-Tone-Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG, I can see myself being barred from this thread yet again.

Winston similarly there are many crew who drive considerable distances to work. A lot stopped flying from MAN when they had to pay for the car park there. As a result with a lot of ealrier reports these days some have been on the road since 3am . Hence the rush for the bunks at the earliest possible chance. However I bet they don`t mention any level of fatigue at report. Isnt it one of the criteria when signing it to be fit and well rested.
If the CAA got hold of how tired some crew are report time be it a day or night report they might insist on commuters finding hotel accomodation the night before a duty.
Am I now discovering the real reason why cabin service is poor [in my personal experience, but only on LHR long-haul]?

Is this the 'primarily for your safety' message that those exhausted CC commuters convey as they stagger to their bunk, having chucked the meals at the pax?

I look forward to hearing a robust defence of the scenario described by "wascrew'.