PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JSF and A400M at risk?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2010, 16:45
Sgt.Slabber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OCCAR

J P

Where then does this OCCAR thing fit in ?
Is it a set of MinDef minions from various lands who perhaps swap hats as their function changes from "OCCAR" to Ministerial rep. ?
Yes - sort of. Organisation for Joint Armament Cooperation (French: Organisation conjointe de coopération en matière d'armement ;OCCAR) is a European intergovernmental organisation which facilitates and manages collaborative armament programmes between the nations of Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom.

See here: Welcome to occar and here for the shorter version Organisation for Joint Armament Cooperation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the A400M talks continue next week; no agreement today:

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/gener...hannel=defense

LONDON — Despite urging by industry for talks on the future of the A400M military transport aircraft to be wrapped up this month, negotiations will continue in February.
After a series of talks in recent weeks failed to resolve differences over how to split the 1 billion euros ($1.4 billion) in additional cost required to see the program through, government and industry officials are to convene again in Berlin on Feb. 2 to settle the issue... etc., etc....
And what was it doing as the programme costs rose and the timeline stretched out?
Seems like an ineffective multilingual quango ... But then as a total outsider, who am I to judge?
...I couldn't possibly comment... No need for the body armour, etc., J P - I'm with you.

Last edited by Sgt.Slabber; 29th Jan 2010 at 17:22.