PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 29th Jan 2010, 16:43
wascrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drivers

Winston similarly there are many crew who drive considerable distances to work. A lot stopped flying from MAN when they had to pay for the car park there. As a result with a lot of ealrier reports these days some have been on the road since 3am . Hence the rush for the bunks at the earliest possible chance. However I bet they don`t mention any level of fatigue at report. Isnt it one of the criteria when signing it to be fit and well rested.
If the CAA got hold of how tired some crew are report time be it a day or night report they might insist on commuters finding hotel accomodation the night before a duty.
Similarly I once sat next to a young lady FAO/LGW 1100 local departure who was heading to LHR to operate 767 night flight to Lusaka, After landing at LGW she was due to hop on bus to LHR. she had prob been up 14 hours prior to the night flight
Totally separate note she was new crew but for some reason she had a boarding card and passed throught immigration whilst long serving current staff were made to wait until the end, Not the first timeor last time that happened at FAO.If you ever travel ex FAO on ID90 keep an eye out for that and one reason why I now buy hotlines,