PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek sick days
Thread: Ek sick days
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2010, 16:13
airbus757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many have stated that management is very poor at EK. To be honest I don't have a clue if they are poor or not but allow me to point something out. EK has continued to expand all last year and have done so until quite recently without hiring pilots. Not only have they made people do more work, they have done it while reducing the pay of those pilots. This is only an observation, not any kind of opinion.

No doubt this has an effect on safety but up to now they have gotten away with it. If I were a shareholder I might think they are doing a good job.

People also say things have been going down hill for pilots for a year, for 5 years, 10 years etc. I submit it has been going down for many more years. A very unfortunate trend if you happen to be a pilot. The cost of pilot manpower is on a steady downtrend and I don't see any end in sight. Just think of the ratio of a pilots salary to a brand new widebody now and compare it to the same ratio taken from the 70's. We are getting a raw deal! All aspects of our job is really starting to suck as Mensa has pointed out. There is not much he or anyone else can do about it except keep plugging away.