PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - America West crew arrested @ MIA (Update - Sentences)
Old 3rd Jul 2002, 22:07
Secret Agent Man 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation about the breath box....

As perhaps the only non-mormon Airline Captain who abstains, I find this situation a little hard to understand and very sad. I just don't understand......

...but also, as a pilot who once ran afoul of Management and had a lot of "fellow professionals" write me off before being reinstated without prejudice (thank you ALPA!) I wish nothing but the best for these two FELLOW PILOTS who are now in the loneliest place in the world.....

Well, aside from my little speech, I wanted to add that I saw a documentary abut driving under the influence a few months back and the perp recalled how he field-tested just barely over the limit and was arrested (but potentially within a margin of error for the unit which could be argued by any law student). On arriving at the lock-up, the officer afforded him an opportunity to "blow again" to see if it was any lower.

Surprise, it was higher! Remember, metabolism is still taking place and in most cases, when you are offered the opportunity to "re-test" you are digging a hole for yourself and strengtaning the case for the state. SO DON'T! This is a bad time to learn that the police are not your always pals!

One thing I haven't seen commented on is the probable cause for following up on the snitch-tip of an airport screener.....I wonder if this is a nasty little precedent to fear?