PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dragonair (KA) recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2010, 11:36
holdmetight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CXCPP vs KACPP

To my understanding, the actual ab initio training received by KA and CX cadets in Adelaide is the same, however differences lie in the following items:

1. ICAO English
CX requires candidates to complete the ICAO english test prior to joining cadet training, while KA cadets undergo the english test following completion of training in ADL and their return to HKG.

2. Flight Grading
CX Flight Grading is divided into two categories, depending on the level of experience of a candidate. They are:
a. Basic Grading - 7 flights in Grob115A, focusing on BAC. For applicants with <20 hours TT.
b. Advanced Grading - 3 flights in Grob115A, focusing on assessing candidates' existing flying skills. 3 sorties in sim, with basic Instrument flying.

KA Flight Grading is divided into two categories, also depending on the level of experience of a candidate. They are:
a. Basic Grading - 7 flights in Grob115A, focusing on BAC. For applicants with <20 hours TT.
b. Advanced Grading - 7 flights in Grob115A, also focusing on BAC. Plus 3 flights in CAP10 aerobatic aircraft.

3. Career Prospects in HKG
Following returning to HKG, CX cadets undergo ground school for their respective fleets, and are trained just like any other new F/O, except they are not given base training and following check-to-line, they become official S/Os and are relief cruise pilots.

As for KA cadets, they undergo ground school for their assigned Airbus aircraft, but are also given base training. Following check-to-line, they operate under the rank of S/O but actually execute the duties of an F/O. The difference is that they are not allowed to control the aircraft below a certain limitation in wx condition, something that will change as they are promoted to JF/O and above.

All this is what I have learned from various sources. As with everything else on this forum, read it and take it with a pinch of salt. Having said that though, please feel free to correct any errors that I might have made. Good luck to everyone applying!

Last edited by holdmetight; 30th Jan 2010 at 14:33. Reason: Updated