PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 29th Jan 2010, 09:34
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Humble Request to BA Cabin Crew Please!

Yesterday,may colleagues and I were treated in a very hostile manner by a certain Cabin Services Director (who shall remain nameless). My colleagues wanted to report him, but I talked them out of it because there are far too many "EG fizzers" going through the company at the moment and far too much tittle-tattle! I am not into getting someone into trouble - doesn't float my boat at all!

Since WW asked for "volunteer wannabe crew members", we have, all of us on the ground, noticed a distinct "attitude" among many crew when dealing with us or even just walking through the terminal! (Of course, some of what we think is "attitude" may just be because they feel a little apprehensive of talking to us and choose to stay aloof rather than provide an opportunity for confrontation. I added this bit later after I thought about the situation a bit more!)

Please, can I implore you, to continue to behave in a professional manner towards us and to remember:

1. Not all ground staff (in point of fact, very few) have joined WW's Volunteer Army.
2. Quite a few Ground Staff support you.
3. Many Ground Staff, like myself, don't support industrial action, but do understand the reasons behind it and will heed out unions' request and boycott WW's Volunteer Army.
4. Some of the guys who have joined the Volunteer Army are not doing it out of spite, but because they are (misguidedly in my opinion) youngsters who secretly "wannabe cabin crew!" We've tried telling them that this ain't no fastrack route to 36,000 feet, but you know what kids are!

So, please guys and gals, when you see Bealine, come back to being the chirpy, smiley people I know you are! Whatever happens, I love ya, and so do most of my colleagues!

Last edited by bealine; 29th Jan 2010 at 11:16.