PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 29th Jan 2010, 08:46
m4rx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

I feel very saddened when i read this thread. Do the pilots among us want to destroy BASSA or the cabin crew?

Despite what has been released to the press between 60 and 70% of BA cabin crew are on a post '97 contract and earn around £25k per year in total (This is a FACT - try talking to your crew and listening to them), do our pilots believe that to be too much? and if so why?

Are you not happy with your own renumeration package from BA?

You see, love or hate BASSA ( i have my own very strong feelings on this one) it is true that the company figures just don't add up. In order for the savings wanted by Willy and the team to be made - there HAS to be a hidden agenda. And it definately won't include share options when the company returns to profitability in a few years time (at who's expense though?)

I have given 20 years of my life to BA, i love my job, i love my company and i have respect for ALL of my colleagues and am open to their views but not to the open hatred that is in these threads. When THEY (our pilots) voted for strike only two years ago, i didn't berate them, it was THEIR CHOICE, for THEIR AGREEMENTS and THEIR VOTE. They must have had their reasons for the decision they made and i respected them for that.

Even after 20 years my salary is nothing like the lies printed in the Hate Mail i really wish it was though. But should my salary be cut by a third after 20 years because it is alleged that a starter at virgin earns less. Does a new employee in every company not earn less and build their salary up over years of service. I now have a family to support too!!

Yes we are not pilots! we don't have your training! But we do respect you and don't begrudge you your agreements, it would just be nice for once to have that returned. We are not all 'trolley dolleys' and some of us are highly trained with other skills, we choose to fly because we love the work and have something to offer our customers and our company.

Please stop the slagging the cabin crew off, if truth be known their are people lining up to take ALL of our jobs, NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE - and they would do anything to get them and on cheaper, new contracts. There are pilots on dole queues too!!!!!!!!!!!

As mentioned earlier, the BA figures just don't add up, and if they succeed in crushing the cabin crew, How long do you think they won't add up for again before they look elsewhere for savings?

And where do you think they will look then?

And who will be standing alongside you to support you???????????

I have my vote on the side in the kitchen, i am at a crossroads. Can i afford to trust Willy and his team (who will all still be paid bonuses this year and continue to latch up fines like collecting confetti at a wedding with no sackings for incompetence) Can i afford NOT to trust a union i despise (who still manage to pick and choose trips with BA managements knowledge).

Support is what we need, Unity is what we need, Negotiation is what we need. We do not need people sitting and judging from higher up with only one way to go!