PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 29th Jan 2010, 07:17
La Pouquelaye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs (again!)

If Mr Walsh can achieve a 1000 relative headcount reduction within IFCE, but with the remainder protected for the future, would that not be seen as a win?
Now you are clutching at straws. A "win" for whom: BA management - or BASSA intransigence?

No one is going to "win" this dispute, but a hell of a lot of flight attendants, cabin crew (call them whatever you like) are about to get hurt. Many will find themselves unemployed very soon after going out on strike.

You will not see your union reps or your union leader Miz Liz Malone out on strike. They will have made their own contingency plans to assure their economic futures.

No, it is the rank and file cabin crew members, perhaps having to care for terminally ill parents at home, who - blinded by BASSA's propaganda and rhetoric - who will be faced bang-on with no job, no money, no future and no way of caring for their otherwise helpless nearest and dearest.

It gives me no pleasure whatsoever to write the above: it's the situation as I see it.

Think on, ladies and gentlemen, I implore you.

[Posted by a rank and file passenger who does not wish to see wholesale misery]