PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - " I " like Etihad
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2010, 07:03
EYZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" I " like Etihad

Ok before I am black balled from every airline in the world for saying I like my job please let me explain!!
Firstly I said " I " so me, I like it. The only reason I start the thread is because there is a lot of complaining on here and I wanted to offer a balance so here goes...

I fly A330/A340, which apart from the 777 is the easy fleet, for me it has the best route network and ULR gives me quite a bit of time at home, on average 10-11 days per month, yes sometimes its 8, but its not too often.

The A320 is a different thing all together, they work hard, doing all the S.h.i.t flights we use to do, I would not join this fleet given my current position in Etihad, it must improve if it doesn't I can understand people jumping ship.

As for the EY management, I flew in Europe before and I know nobody who liked our management there either, is it not just human instinct to think your be hard done by? As for our VP's earning 180,000AED I dont care,it doesn't effect me, however I suspect its not exactly that figure!

As for the bonus, for the first 4 years there was no bonus, and nobody cared, then it comes, then it goes, I hope it returns but its not in my contract so can I really complain if I dont get it?

I too wish my salary, housing, schooling etc goes up, but I use to wish for this in Europe too..I guess everyone does.

All I'm saying is that in my opinion I would not leave EY right now, there is nowhere that is head and sholders better, if there is is share it and we can all come.

If you feel I've wronged all pilots then pls feel free to call me a few names, but I like it (the job not being called names!!)

Last edited by EYZ; 1st Feb 2010 at 15:03.