PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2010, 01:57
mkdar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Majali and the new strategy.

When Majali took the office in RJ, it was a typical over staffed, under achieving government venture. The key word at the time was privatization. He was brought in to turn the airline to profitability as a first step towards privatization, the strategy he employed at the time worked, RJ stopped loosing money, started making profit, and was privatized.
At the time , I was not able to see that it can be done in Jordan, It was done, it worked.
Now I can not see that the same strategy is going to work in Bahrain; for many deferent reasons but, it seems that I am not the only one who can see that, the entire pilot community in Gulf air seems to agree on this one.

One of the key elements of his strategy was to get red of the excess load. In Jordan , he took the bull by the horns, his tactics were aggressive, open, and direct. In Bahrain, he is taking a moor scuttle approach. The result is just the same, pilots are fleeing Gulf air just as fast.
As pilots, each one of us has his own limits, when he pushes me up to my limit, I quit.
There was a good book called : who moved my cheese, a nice little read about changes life throws at us, an un welcomed change that we have to deal with, it basically teaches us how to deal with changes that we don’t like.
I would love to work for an airline that is heading in the right direction, is gulf air going in that direction? I don’t think so but, I was wrong before and I can be wrong now. The question now is not wither or not gulf air is heading in the right direction, at this stage of my career, I have deferent worries, if I was a f/o in my twenties, by all means, I will not take chances, I will do whatever is in the best interest of my career and family. I am approaching my retirement, I can afford to make mistakes of judgment at this stage of my life, so, I will stay until he pushes me up to my limit.
Good luck every one, safe flying.