PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 28th Jan 2010, 23:46
Jpax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulb,

That is a dream.

I have taken several J flights since the CSD has to do a few hours serving. Some have been wonderful and made it work with little effort.

On a recent flight the youngish male CSD obviously put every obstacle in his way to ensure the service was the worst I have experienced. This rubs off on the other cabin staff in J who were miserable and did not smile once. No hot towels or second rolls offered. These are the people who should be replaced. There are a lot of very good cabin crew who out number the poor performers.

BA need to identify the poor performers and those who have no interest in the customers, problem is how do they decide who those crew are?

Sadly for the customers the union feeds false information to turn them against BA. I am all for New Fleet because it could result in fresh faces who will speak to the customers. The sooner New Fleet is brought in the better and BA will prosper.

I have no fear in flying with volunteer crew, they cannot be worse than the grumpy grannies and grandads we frequently see on the long range flights.

Short haul flight cabin staff seem more adjusted to working with less crew. I somwtimes fly on the A320 where they still have 4 cabin staff.

I hope they all vote yes for strike action and carry it through. Of course the union reps and hard faced militants will wriggle out of working on the first day of the strike. They will not risk anything for themselves, sadly some of the good crew will be in the firing line.

As far as EU law preventing staff travel removal is concerned, how is it when people go sick their staff travel is removed, where is the EU law to stop that?

Last edited by Jpax; 28th Jan 2010 at 23:56. Reason: spelling