PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad cadet pilot programme last test
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2010, 22:45
Colony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By the way I think this conspiracy theories make no sense because, as someone else posted, if they pick up people who are not up to the task... they would fail the exams. Or are you also suggesting the flight academy administrations and teachers are also into this??? C'mon..
Not suggesting anything of the sort. ANYONE could pass flight training with good teaching, a driving force behind them and enough time (as there is at Horizon).

What we are questioning is whether they took the people with the right determination and motivation, or whether they took some just because of their connections, despite the fact that they want to become a pilot for the WRONG reasons. I have a friend on one of the courses who has serious concerns about some of the others on his course. Sure, they pass the exams and will probably make half decent pilots after 18 months' training, but if they're only doing it to "impress women", "look good" and "make money" then they're arrogant f***ers to be dealing with...

I'm sure Etihad doesn't want pilots with this attitude... but ah wait, did anyone see the CNN clip where they interviewed Etihad pilots? Nothing short of an embarrassment!

Anyway, I wish Etihad the best of luck with their current (and perhaps future) candidates. I however shall be taking a different course of action towards my wings, as I simply cannot trust Etihad, sadly.

Last edited by Colony; 28th Jan 2010 at 23:03.