PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC employees lose OETC
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2010, 21:46
hookersandblow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just had a conversation with the Tax Equalization Plan information people. As I left in 2009, I am interested in how CHC plans to deal with people who worked for them in 09 and took them at their word when they promised no changes to the OETC status.

The person I talked to would not commit one way or the other on whether CHC will apply their TEP to employees that are no longer with them. I recommend sending in the forms to them anyway prior to 1 February.

They said that their first priority was dealing with their current employees and that people who had left the employ of CHC were low priority. It would be interesting to be one of the many laid-off from CHC right now - now owing a big tax bill.

Reading between the lines - don't hold your breath that you will receive any compensation for this little oversight on their part.

Trying to be pro-active when First Reserve bought out CHC, I enquired with the legal department about the status of the OETC in late 2008. They seemed to think it was a strange question and said that everything was status quo, OETC wise, as CHC was still a Canadian corporation, headquartered in Canada....

Lesson learned, the only way I would work for CHC again would be as a contractor....
I