PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ETOPS divert speed
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2010, 21:16
9.G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK...here we go again...my flight ops tell me that on 737-800 all our divert scenarios are based on LCR with 1185NM 180 ETOPS. To me this does not seem realistic. Where am I going wrong here.
Circles are simply drawn using declared speed usually VMO MMO. It seems you're somewhat confused about usage of LRC which is part of FUEL planning as follows:
-One engine inoperative (1E) based on the following speed like .82/330 for A 330
-Decompression with One engine inoperative (1D) based on Long Range Speed (LRC).
-Decompression with Two engine operative (2D) based on Long Range Speed (LRC).

For dispatching an aircraft for an ETOPS flight, the ETOPS dispatcher must determine, for the considered route, both a standard and an ETOPS fuel planning. The highest of the two fuel requirements shall be considered as being the minimum required block fuel for the flight.
For ETOPS operations, a specific fuel planning (Critical Fuel Reserve) shall be established.
The ETOPS fuel planning is split into two parts :
– A standard fuel scenario from the departure aerodrome to the Critical Point, and
– The critical fuel scenario from the Critical Point to the diversion aerodrome

Once again it's the highest of the two for planing purposes in regards to the fuel calculation.

Once airborne it's the famous '' cancel all after good morning and do whatever is safe and suits your need best''