PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 28th Jan 2010, 20:42
AtlasDrawer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more BASSA texts

Hello, just received two texts from BASSA, and an email. The texts are reminding me to vote yes and the mail is about the 'Wailing Wall' - some wall at Waterside that people have left messages on about backing BA, according to BASSA some of it is derogitory (sp?) to crew. Haven't seen it myself so cannot say. It would appear that BASSA are sending out texts to garner support, and why? Do you think that the removal of staff travel from people who strike is really making people think voting no may be a sensible option? Speaking to people on line, it really seems so.

No Staff Travel = No job = No income

Been speaking to my friend about the proposals, and reasons for going on strike, we cannot agree on it because:

1. Although he knows the strike is about the imposition, it's 'What if we get our wages reduced? What if we get starved of work?

2. This fixed payment - lots of people think that that payment replaces our WHOLE payment structure when it does not, and this pointed out to him. It just covers the CAT and EDP etc, not the meal allowances ( we are on EF).

I am trying to get my points across, but having great difficulty because of all the propaganda from BASSA. So to all you wavering voters out there, a final plea:

You are striking over the imposition, is it really so bad in this day and age? Lots of friends of mine in the airline industry are being made redundant and are looking on gobsmacked that we are going on strike over this issue. BA are in a bad way, and you want to strike? What do you actually expect to achieve? What is your desired outcome? I am not against striking, infact I very much believe in it, but would it not be better to wait until New Fleet is introduced, and then ballot? I honestly think that if we had waited until New Fleet was here, we may have had greater support, but no. The strike at Christmas finished that off.

Rant over...
AD