PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things are looking up
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2002, 19:53
mr.cool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have heard that Air Atlantique are starting up their full sponsorship again. This is where they train you up to a frozen ATPL and MCC for free in return for loyal service with the company. On completion you would fly for either Atlantic Express, a new division of the group (www.atlanticexpress.co.uk), or Atlantic Airlines (lockheed electra) or Highland Airways (Jetstream 41 I think). Many have taken this great opportunity in the past, and are now well placed in the aviation industry. It is certainly an opportunity not to be missed in my opinion.

As far as I am aware most of the students going through now are on a slightly different deal where they paid half and were meant to be sold on to other airlines. Think in the present state of the market Air Atlantique would find it difficult to sell them on as there are so many type rated people out there. I'd imagine with the present expansion of the company, most of them would be taken on within the company.

All the best to those who apply to this scheme. It is indeed news of another sponsorship offering new hope to wannabes.

Last edited by mr.cool; 3rd Jul 2002 at 21:03.