PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Special meals
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2010, 19:00
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
British Airways Special meals

I was having a look around 'Manage my booking' for my next flight to Washington. I noticed that you can select a special meal - most of which are self explanatory.

Despite being a diabetic for over 35 years I have never selected a 'diabetic' meal and was wondering if I should give it a try. However the description
For those who need to manage blood sugar levels. Foods excluded are sugars, syrups, jams, cakes and chocolate, unless specifically for diabetics.
isn't really that informative - it tells you what you don't get, not what you do.

Has anyone had a recent experience, or can someone from BA educate me? If it's a standard meal, but they don't put the sugar, syrup etc on the tray that would be OK. But if they also reduce the calories that would leave me hungry. (I adjust the amount of short term insulin to what I eat, I don't need to adjust the amount of food I eat, to the insulin I have taken (If that makes sense)).

Any advice, comments would be appreciated. I'm travelling in Club - I assume that makes a difference.