PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 28th Jan 2010, 18:56
fly12345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It may be unlawful for BA to sack you within 12 weeks but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.
All it means is that BA would face an industrial tribunal which would most probably take a year or more to resolve and which they may or may not lose. If they do lose they would have to pay you some compensation which would probably be less than the wages you would've earned.
Keep in mind the fact that during this time you may not be able to find yourself a new job and even if they lose the tribunal they are not obliged to offer you your job back.
Of course if the ballot was found to irregular like the last on it wouldn't even be unlawful to sack you.
It's not a position I'd like to find myself in..

yes, but. BA still needs to crew aircraft with yes or no voters so I guess sacking indiscriminately any strikers it would be counterproductive.
I just hope some common sense on the day will prevail, it is too easy to destroy and a lot more difficult and complicated to rebuild./