PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 28th Jan 2010, 18:50
TheTiresome1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the Gruniad picee, quoting Mr FlyBE - no commercial interests there, then - and with heavy sarcasm on my part:

Doing a job well also necessitates using skills acquired over time and knowing how to deal with certain situations because you have encountered them previously.
Presumably BA crashes aircraft frequently, thus enabling CC to practice their emergency evacuation skills? Looks more to me like trying to scare the public into flying ABBA, especially if FlyBE happens to operate the same route.

Last but not least, it's about aptitude and passion for the job. These things cannot be easily taught in three weeks and, by inferring that they can, BA is not only at risk of undermining its staff, but may be in danger of being regarded as an organisation that doesn't take enough pride in those who are, in essence, the face of the airline.
Ah, aptitude and passion. That wouldn't refer to the ones who hate the job and hate the company and find passengers an inconvenience? The ones who actually relish the prospects of a strike, to show who actually runs BA? Who regard damaging BA far more important than an adjustment to LEGAL manning levels at no personal cost?

I would think BA's "pride in those who are, in essence, the face of the airline" may be slightly influenced by what happens over the next few weeks.