PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 28th Jan 2010, 16:23
TheTiresome1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheTiresome1
In lieu of a reply from the poster, I think KitKat was alluding to the fact that if there is a 'Yes' vote, it means tha BA have a good chance of destroying BASSA and getting rid of militant CC once and for all, whilst maintaining a service through the use of volunteers to man aircraft.
I believe Kitkat knew exactly what they were saying i.e. they want to get rid of the militants and for BA to prosper. Some people believe that a Yes vote will help this along.
My apologies to KitKat if that's the case. I re-read that post several times before reacting. Smilies are helpful when HEAVY sarcasm is involved!

Meanwhile, as I noted earlier:
It seems to me that many customers have commented here, and elsewhere, about declining standards of service on BA. On the premise that the dire emergencies so often referred to hardly ever happen [I have never, ever seen even a minor one], there are a couple of simple questions I would pose:
  1. Leaving aside emergencies, why are the standards of service to passengers perceived to be falling?
  2. Why is it necessary to over-crew the aircraft beyond the legislative safety requirement if not to provide better service?
Sorry to be awkward, but there is a core issue being lost in all the rhetoric.