PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad cadet pilot programme last test
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2010, 16:16
PIREP 123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 'kid' who's father is an Etihad pilot was 2 or 3 years OVER the age limit required for the program. That's the issue...I think it is a really good opportunity for people - IF you are willing to deal with the rubbish that goes with it all. If I got through then no doubt I would have taken up the opportunity but in hindsight I am not disappointed that I didn't get through. I am in touch with a few of the people on one of the courses and they say that even the training doesn't go to schedule...EVER. Not Etihad's problem, I know, but it goes to show what you would have to deal with when you get there. Some of the people there only get a training flight once or twice every 2 to 3 weeks...

Then when they get their 'wings' they are STUCK with Etihad for 7 years. What if they HATE it or HATE the UAE. I have family in Dubai and they have been there for many years and they can't wait to get out of there. They wanted to leave after 3 years. You have to really have no ties or have extremely patient family members in order to follow through with this. Does anyone know how many people are flocking back to their homelands from the UAE these days? They paint a lovely picture for tourists etc but when it comes down to it ALL they care about is their own people (understandable!) but you could get screwed over for nothing.

Did you know that some people throw themselves in front of cars in order to get blood money to give their families back in their poorer homeland...? Guess who pays that money (and goes to jail!!!)...? Yes, it would be YOU if you were driving!!!