PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2010, 14:39
RR RB211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gday Kash

Great to hear of your adventures in Africa. It's great to read your posts and see what you have been up to and if the tables are turning in your favour or not.

It can be a tough long road at times but you mustn't give up. One thing that kept me going through all the training and then finding that elusive first job was a quote I heard somewhere along the lines of "so many people accept failure when they never knew how close to success they were".

Admittedly it was different 3 years ago and some of us have been very very lucky but you make your own luck. I guess it's safe to say you have everything lined up for when someone eventually makes you an offer? Not sure what the requirements are in your part of Africa but here in Australia you put yourself behind the eightball if you didn't have time on the type the operators were using (the 206 POH study you are doing is a great start), a current Dangerous Goods certificate for starters.

These things can take a while but it sounds like you have been networking well and getting to know the other pilots is a sound strategy. They may be your work colleagues one day and sometimes the boss may ask them if they know anyone suitable who will fit in with the team, look after the customers and has a sensible head on their shoulders so as to not bend their aeroplane!

Not sure what else I can tell you but all the best and hang in there. Trust me, it is so so worth the struggle.

Last edited by RR RB211; 28th Jan 2010 at 14:40. Reason: grammar bad like.